pkg_add ?

stan stanb at panix.com
Thu Mar 11 09:50:34 PST 2004

I've moslty ever used the ports mechanisim to add things to my FreeBSD
machines.

However, I have a couple that have fairly small hard drives ( ~2G) and I
was hoping to use pkg_add -r to add a few things without building from
source.

However, when I try to do that, it complains about incorect versions of
dependencies. Looking at the man page I don't see a flag to ask it too just
update the packages that my new one is dependent on.

How can I deal with this?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin