bernard.el-hagin at lido-tech.net bernard.el-hagin at lido-tech.net
Fri Mar 5 00:26:36 PST 2004

Chris wrote:

> > hi dear mr or mrs
> > i use freebsd 5.0 . whenever i want boot my
> > computer(when kernel want boot) i see this messages:
> > unable to load kernel!
> >
> > cant load 'kernel'
> > please guide me
> > regads
>
> No offense - but without proper information, the list can't determine
your
> real issues. Perhaps a flavor of Windows is for you?

I'm curious as to what possible reason you could have had to make such a
ridiculous statement. *Why* exactly do you think "a flavor of Windows"
is for the OP? Is it because he's having trouble with FreeBSD? Perhaps
if he switches to Windows and has problems with *that* you could suggest
yet another OS. Let's hope he runs out of problems before he runs out of
OSes. "No offence", but your post reeks of the arrogance, which,
unfortunately, is quite abundant in the (Uni|Linu)x world and which puts
off many potential converts. I don't blame them one bit.

--
Bernard