FreeBSD filesystem performance in Enterprise

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Mon Mar 1 10:26:07 PST 2004

Curious how FreeBSD ffs performs in Enterprise-level environments (ie:
email stores that send 100's of thousands of messages per  day) versus
other filesystems like XFS (I heard thre's a port going on for
FreeBSD..?), ReiserFS, et al.   Is there a FAQ that covers some of this
and the various tuning issues one might consider (filesystem and
kernel).   This applies either disk-alone or across a raid array,
etc.    I'm interested in hearing others experiences (good and bad).

Thanks.