Weird processes after upgrading to apache2

Kirk Strauser kirk at strauser.com
Sun Jun 13 08:39:21 PDT 2004

At 2004-06-13T09:16:25Z, Matthew Seaman <m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk> writes:

> I suspect it's mod_perl causing the weirdness.  Plain apache-2.0.49 works
> perfectly well for me serving up static html and some php.
>
> mod_perl is unusual though in that it has such a complete interface to the
> apache API.  I don't doubt that you can cause any of the effects you've
> seen with unsuitably written perl code.  Serious debugging time required.

I temporarily disabled mod_perl and the "problems" went away as expected.
I'm kind of surprised that I never saw these problems with the same web
application (TWiki) and mod_perl on Apache 1, but it seems to be unique to
my Apache 2 installation.  Weird.  Anyway, the server is question has enough
muscle to serve TWiki pages quickly, so I may semi-permanently ditch
mod_perl.
--
Kirk Strauser