asking for help

faina bogdan bogdanfaina at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 31 07:46:50 PST 2004

Hello, my name is Bogdan Faina and I wote you a couple oof times regarding to the HDF5 instalation. I read the notes abot this matter and I tried to install first only the precompiled binaries for freebsd_4.9 but I've fount out that in the ports packages exists the HD5 latest version available so I have updated the freebsd packages and then from ports I did <<<<<make install clean>>>. So that way the computer installed itself the Hdf5. Until here it,s all allright but I don't understand a thing: Why it is not included the fortran90 compiler  h5fc.
Please answer me this questions:
How can I add the Fortran90 compiler to my actual Hdf5?
What solution exists to this matter?
How can I get some help regarding to the understanding how Hdf5 works?
Can I get a mail adress from someone who uses Hdf5 and is available to explain to me how it works or if it is a forum for Hdf5 users?
I'm a student at Physics and I need Hdf5 to complete my Bachelor Degree and to use it storing data from a program that simulates Crystals Growth.
Thank you for your time and I can hardly wait to hear news from you.