alternative for CUPS spooler

Ksenia Marasanova ksenia at ksenia.nl
Wed Jan 28 02:07:49 PST 2004

Hi list,

After view hours trying to get my printer running with CUPS, I gave it
up and want an alternative.  I have a usb postscript printer (Brother),
and a PPD file. The hardware part is working, I just need a spooler, so
the clients can send print jobs. What spoolers do you people using?

If anyone interested in my painfull CUPS experience, here is the
problem (maybe I'm missing something and there is still a solution?):
In order to use Brother driver, I need foomatic-rip and
foomatic-gswrapper (www.linuxprinting.org) In order to get
foomatic-gswrapper to work, I have to install ESP Ghostscript. But
there is no port for ESP Ghostscript and it wouldn't compile on my
-stable :-(.

Thanx,
Ksenia.