build gtk20 from src

Brian H b1henning at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 26 07:04:13 PST 2004

I am trying to build gtk20, but I run into the following error. It appears
that all I need to do is add the directory containing `atk.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH. I don't know exactly what that means or how
to do that? Any thougts?

Thanks,
Brian

...snip
checking for glib-2.0 >= 2.1.4 atk >= 1.0.1 pango >= 1.0.1... gnome-config:
not
found
gnome-config: not found
Package atk was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `atk.pc'
No package 'atk' found
configure: error: Library requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.1.4 atk >= 1.0.1 pango
 >=
1.0.1) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
if y
our libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to gnome at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk20/work/gtk+-2.2.4/config.log" including the
output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to
provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
/var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk20.