Imap Server and Procmail

Loren M. Lang lorenl at alzatex.com
Tue Jan 20 23:22:33 PST 2004

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 06:22:33PM +1300, Jonathan Chen wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 06:18:07PM -0800, Loren M. Lang wrote:
>
> [...]
> > access.  I installed uw-imap as it's what I used on linux.  It doesn't
> > have any confg file support and was pretty much plug in way, but on
> > freebsd it doesn't seem to be working, it gives the error message bad
> > username or password.  What am I missing, there doesn't seem to be
> > anything to even configure for it to complain about.
>
> You need to build the mail/imap-uw port and the underlying mail/cclient
> with -DWITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT.

Will this require SSL for using plaintext or can I avoid SSL?  This is
for a company migrating from a windoze mail server to a unix-based
solution and I don't want to have to install a homemade CA cert on all
the 40+ computers there.

--
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.

Fingerprint: B3B9 D669 69C9 09EC 1BCD  835A FAF3 7A46 E4A3 280C