Using a different User Database

Loren M. Lang lorenl at alzatex.com
Tue Jan 20 22:10:15 PST 2004

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 09:32:34PM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 09:04:36PM -0800, Loren M. Lang wrote:
>
> > > You may want to start by looking into the net/nss_ldap and security/pam_ldap
> > > ports.  Beyond that, I don't know what to tell you.
> >
> > nss_ldap claims it requires freebsd 5.1 or newer when I try to install
> > it, if there is someway to be able to still use it on freebsd, I
> > would like to know.
>
> Er, install FreeBSD 5.1 or newer to use it on FreeBSD.

This is a production mail server in an enviroment mixed with win2k
file servers that share the same users.  Would FreeBSD 5.2 be stable
enough to use or is there another alternative?  Perhaps something not
requiring nss?

--
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.

Fingerprint: B3B9 D669 69C9 09EC 1BCD  835A FAF3 7A46 E4A3 280C