Using a different User Database

Ruben de Groot mail25 at bzerk.org
Wed Jan 21 03:41:06 PST 2004

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 10:09:48PM -0800, Loren M. Lang typed:

> > > nss_ldap claims it requires freebsd 5.1 or newer when I try to install
> > > it, if there is someway to be able to still use it on freebsd, I
> > > would like to know.
> >
> > Er, install FreeBSD 5.1 or newer to use it on FreeBSD.
>
> This is a production mail server in an enviroment mixed with win2k
> file servers that share the same users.  Would FreeBSD 5.2 be stable
> enough to use or is there another alternative?  Perhaps something not
> requiring nss?

We've been using 5.x in production on different boxes since 5.1 because we
needed the nss_* functionality. It's been nothing but stable (especially
compared to the win2k servers they have to communicate with).

Your mileage may vary, but I'd say go for it.

Ruben