OpenLdap client

falaki at ce.sharif.edu falaki at ce.sharif.edu
Sun Feb 29 10:11:55 PST 2004

Hello;
        My FreeBSD 4.9 server has to authenticate it's users through Openldap
client from a Linux server. I have installed openldap-client-2.1.22 and
pam_ldap-1.6.4. The ldapsearch gives the correct answer when it is
invoked with necessary arguments.
        I tried to configure pam.conf so that is uses pam_ldap.so for
authentication and I tested many cases ( changing the arguments and
things like this) but nobody can log in. I want to know if other things
except pam.conf must be configured and if pam.conf must be configured can
anybody send me a sample.