Your FreeBSD daemon logo

Josef Grosch jgrosch at MooseRiver.com
Mon Dec 13 03:08:04 PST 2004

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 11:30:03AM +0100, vhoff at pan-data.org wrote:
> Dear FreeBSD team,
>
> we've a question regarding the usage of your FreeBSD daemon logo on our webpage. On
>
> http://pan-data.dyndns.org/ccount
>
> we provide a free software for market research data analysis for Win, Linux and SunOS. Now, as of several requests from FreeBSD users, our intention is to compile and provide a FreeBDS version. On the upper right corner of our page, you can find a download option with appropriate gif pictures for the different operating systems. Here we would apprechiate to have your explicitly allowance to use a copy of your daemon gif logo. Please let me know if it's possible or, for any legal restrictions, is there is an alternate option?
>
> Many thanks in advance,
> Volker Hoffmann,
> CCOUNT development team

The FreeBSD logo is copyrighted by Kirk McKusick. This page will explain
more about the image. http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/daemon.html. You
should contact him if you wish to use the logo in a commercial
venture. Kirk is a very reasonable man about the use of the logo.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a | FreeBSD 5.3
jgrosch at MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | Berkeley, Ca.