Microsoft Cordless Optical Mouse and 5.2

Peter Leftwich Hostmaster at Video2Video.Com
Sat Aug 28 13:50:02 PDT 2004

Doh!  My mouse (a Microsoft Cordless Optical Mouse) worked fine with
Knoppix/Linux OS and with XP of course but does NOT work with FreeBSD 5.2!

I tried plugging it in as PS/2 but the little light does not come on.  My
/etc/rc.conf has /dev/sysmouse and type "auto" but still no go.  I am
posting this in the hopes that it will partially dissuade those considering
buying this make and model mouse!  :\

Will someone note this "conflict" or malfunction at:
Title                 FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE Hardware Notes
Current URL           http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.2.1R/hardware.html
URL of current anchor http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.2.1R/hardware-i386.html

?

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder, Video2Video Services