Driver for Yopy PDA

epilogue epilogue at allstream.net
Tue Aug 17 19:04:36 PDT 2004

hello all,

i recently received a yopy 3500 pda (yopy.com and yopydeveloper.org) and
have been trying very much in vain to get it to speak 'ethernet over usb'
with my fbsd 4.10 install.

the only promising *bsd related threads i have been able to locate were:

http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-hardware/2004-June/001703.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-hardware/2003-August/000429.html

i am hoping to learn whether:

a) the 5.x driver mentioned in these messages is on its way into
the source tree (i did not come across any if_saue entries in
cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/usb) ?

b) i can help test a version designed for 4.x ?  my yopy awaits your
command  =]

hopefully someone will get back to me regarding these questions.  in the
meantime, linux already has driver support for the yopy, so i'm going to
give knoppix a try.

thanks for reading,
epi

p.s. comms/birda appears to be another option for connecting to the
machine, but i haven't yet made any headway with that tool set.