ports, mailman and mail-gid.

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Tue Aug 10 13:35:37 PDT 2004

--On Tuesday, August 10, 2004 03:20:10 PM -0400 Graham Dunn
<gdunn at inscriber.com> wrote:

> If you're using portupgrade, edit /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf to
> include
>
>   MAKE_ARGS = {
>           'mail/mailman*' => 'MAIL_GID=mailman'
>   }

OK, great.  Thanks for that.

But here's what I don't understand.  If you run make options in the port,
you get --with-mail-gid=foo.  So why is it MAIL_GID=foo in the
pkgtools.conf file?  Is this in the handbook somewhere?  Or in the man
pages?  Cause obviously I'm confused about how you determine the precise
syntax so this actually works.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas