PPP

xavier collot xavier_collot at yahoo.fr
Fri Apr 23 01:18:21 PDT 2004

Hi!
I'm french and don't understand the chapter 18.2.1.2 (Creating PPP device Nodes) in the freeBSD handbook.
Precicely I don't understand what is N in the first paragraph. Is it necessary to change the tun0?
I have an other question.(I'm sorry if it seems stupid). Is it essential to have an Internet access to use PPP? I want use it between two networks but I haven't Internet in these two networks.
To finish how can I know my FreeBSD version?
Thank you very much for your help!!

Xavier