Remote Single User Mode.

Grant Peel gpeel at thenetnow.com
Sat Apr 10 03:03:53 PDT 2004

Happy Easter all!

Here is an off-the-wall question....

I have 4 servers in Toronto (I live in London, about 120 miles south). Most admin I can do remotely of course, but I was wondering, if there exists a software/hardware solution that might actually allow one to reboot any one of the machines remotely and alllow access in single user mode. Obviously, that machine would not be accessable via the normal netwrk method, but again, is there a KVM - software that would allow local access in single user mode VIA a network connection to one of the other servers, or the KVM directly?

-Grant