Ports : Mozilla / Mozilla-devel

Mike Hogsett hogsett at csl.sri.com
Tue Sep 30 08:55:01 PDT 2003

I have been pulling my hair out over this.  I installed a package several
days ago that required gettext.  The gettext in ports has been updated so
I had to deinstall the existing on and install the version from ports.

After that mozilla and mozilla-devel (and some other stuff) wont run
becuase libintl.so.4 no longer exists. (gettext from ports installs
libintl.so.5 now).

I pkg_delete'd mozilla and mozilla-devel and rebuilt (have tried both) but
even after they build and install they are still asking for libintl.so.4!!

How can this be?  How can either of these link against a library that is
no longer installed?

I rm -rf'd /usr/ports and cvsup'd back hoping to clear any cruft that may
have remained and rebuilt mozilla-devel, still no dice!

Anyone have a suggestion how I can get either of these ports to work
again?

 - Mike