xmms-arts plugin

Bjarne Wichmann Petersen freebsd.nospam at mekanix.dk
Thu Sep 11 00:08:49 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 01:49, Todd Stephens wrote:

> > I am having a lot of pain trying to compile the xmms-arts plugin
> > available from xmms.org, since it is not in the ports anymore. If
> > anyone uses the xmms-arts plugin on freebsd I would really appreciate
> > any help. I am running FreeBSD-4.8 STABLE, with the ports cvsuped and
> > upraded today.
> I do not believe you need it.  I am running XMMS under KDE with no arts
> plugin without any problems at all.

You don't *need* it, but xmms will lock the sound-device while playing and
thus hindering kde-apps using it. One solution is to use vchans, but it sound
*awfull* with my HW. An arts-plugin to xmms would be really nice, but I never
got the plugin working apart from crashing everythin IIRC.

Bjarne
--
Homepage: http://www.mekanix.dk