php4...

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Sun Nov 30 12:13:52 PST 2003

On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 01:40:07PM +0100, Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
> On Sunday 30 November 2003 08:54, Gary Kline wrote:
>
> > 	Another look at the php4  build clued me in.  It was a
> > 	one-line hack to the Makefile... .
>
> You shouldn't hack the Makefile, cause now you have both www/mod_php4 and
> lang/php4 installed and screwed up dependencies.
>
> You should uninstall www/mod_php4 (just force it). Then install lang/php4.
>
> The lang/php4 port will check for the existence of an apache installation and
> install the apache module (which is www/mod_php4) accordingly.

	Thanks for your help.  Last May when I first started working
	with php another genteman said to forget lang/php4 and
	just install mod_php4.  This worked for awhile.  Now that
	I'm trying to merge php with mysql || postresql, things are
	more complcated.

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix