phpbb and phorum --> clear|empty|(white) screen during install

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Sat Nov 29 18:22:31 PST 2003

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:44:33AM -0400, Pete Renshaw wrote:
> As I recall, you have to delete install and upgrade files.

	I rm'd both files/dirs (for phpbb).  Still, the null screen.
	Re phorum, it goes blank after  toching the phpBB2 directory.

> A link I found.
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-security/2003-November/001211.html

	Well, I thought I had the wrong apache.  For the ast couple
	hours I've been retrying both bbs suites; from scratch.  No
	joy.

	Anybody on the list who has seen what I have?  namely,
	getting partway and *wham* dropping dead with no clues?
	Or:: what is a nice opensrc bbs that just-works :-)

	thanks much, Pete; tia to the list,

	gary