DVD

Bryan Cassidy b_cassidy at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 9 00:45:18 PST 2003

Here is the output from dmesg on my DVD

acd0: DVD-ROM <IDE DVD-ROM 16X> at ata1-master PIO4

Using FreeBSD 4.8

When I play a DVD with mplayer (usually with these options)

mplayer -brightness 9 -autosync 30 -dvd 1 /dev/dvd

I can play the DVD without ANY problems what so ever. The problem is
this. Say I just booted into FreeBSD, did a startx, loged into root and
ran mplayer with those options. It will play fine and no sound problem.
After a couple hours or so (using those same commands usually) I can
still play the DVD but no sound. If I reboot *AFTER* the sound problem
then I get the sound back. There are no other applications running at
the same time to block the audio so I don't know what it could be. Other
than this small problem, DVD is working pretty good so far for me under
FreeBSD.