Apache+mod_ssl

Mark Foster mark at foster.cc
Wed May 28 09:08:08 PDT 2003

I seem to recall that installing (a)apache13+mod_ssl alongside
(b)apache13 caused some messed up situation where the (a) filenames are
different (eg. the httpd binary is named apache and the httpd.conf file
is named apache.conf) apparently to avoid overwriting (b) files. I
highly recommend removing apache13 if installing apache13+mod_ssl.

To merge configurations, I often turn to a X app called xxdiff, which
let's you do the httpd.conf merge interactively.

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 09:01, Peter Elsner wrote:
> This might seem like a stupid question, but here goes...
>
> I have Apache 1.3 running on my system.  It's running fine and has been for
> several years.
>
> I find that I'm in need of also have a secure https session (as well as my
> regular web sites).
> So I set out to learn about Apache13+mod_ssl.  There are tons of documents
> available, and
[snip]
--
-mdf [Mark D. Foster]	http://mark.foster.cc/