booting a different kernel each time

Joseph Gleason clash at tasam.com
Wed May 28 08:08:21 PDT 2003

I would recommend just making a new kernel that can support the hardware of either machine.

To the best of my knowledge there would be no problem going back and forth.  As for the modules, I wouldn't worry about it.  I
believe that as long as both kernels are compiled from the same source tree, the modules should be the same.

However, I am certainly not the King of Weasels when it comes to kernel modules so I may be mistaken.