access symlink in ftpd??

Andre andre at krang.net
Thu Jun 19 15:41:13 PDT 2003

Hi there people!

I have setup a FreeBSD box with Mysql,apache+mod_php
for practical purposes, when i want to update the webpages
on the FreeBSD machine i found it very hard to first use FTP
to transfer the pages from my windows machine, and then SSH in to the FreeBSD machine and move the files to the documentroot.

how do i do a symlink that points to the default ftpddir
( /usr/home/name ) ?

I know i can change the documentroot dir to be in my homedir in httpd.conf, but i dont want to do that.
and yes... i have read the man pages, but i guess iam stupid :-)

anyone out there who wants to help me?

Cheers!

Apache 13
FTPD = The native in Freebsd5