wine/freebsd/kazaa.. (fwd)

clayton rollins crollins666 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 12 22:40:51 PDT 2003

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 18:51:40 -0400 (EDT) Jason <jason at monsterjam.org> wrote:

>nobody knows? I asked the wine-users list twice and nobody there answered
>either.

Hi Jason,

I have no idea about how/where to get those lib's. But, unless you're a big
fan of kazaa and sharman networks, you might give gtk-gnutella a try. You'll
be on a different network (gnutella instead of sharman's propreitary net),
but I'd most definitely recommend giving it a try. Supposedly, most of the
same things are available from either net', so they should be comparable as
far as user experience is concerned. (e-mule and bit torrent are two other
softwares that come to mind, though I haven't run either yet.)

Aside from that, gtk-gnutella offers a quick, clean interface, and will
allow P2P with a minimum of hassle.

Peace,
Clayton