sendto: No buffer space available

Lapinski, Michael (Research) lapinski at crd.ge.com
Wed Jul 30 13:31:01 PDT 2003

I think heading down the path of switchign out network
gear is a bad idea, this is definitely something in
the software.

I have had this error a few times when messing with
the TCP window sizes, net.inet.tcp.sendspace and
net.inet.tcp.recvspace. When I set them to something
over 128000 I would get the error. The solution was
set the number of mbufs to 128000. Doing so allowed
me to make the window sizes 256000 and eliminated
the error.

-good luck
-mtl

Michael Lapinski
Computer Scientist
GE Research

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
            - IBM Chairman Thomas Watson, 1943