No subject

Tony Sterrett tonyste at pacbell.net
Thu Jul 24 19:50:40 PDT 2003

> I'm trying to configure both a master and slave DNS on the same
> machine. My approach is to run the master by setting named_enable="YES"
> and it will use the config file in /etc/named. To start the slave I
> will
> In rc.local and it would use the config files in /etc/named/slave. Does
> this seems ok? Is there a better way.

This seems to come up every now and then.  Before we start, is there any
reason you want to have two seperate named process running, instead of
having one process serving as master to some domains and slave to
others?

Like all of my action this is the result of a requirement.  I'm
required to run two by nametech to register it,   They said "they can
even be on one box".
In our configuaration, one machine faces the internet and there is a
number of computers behind the firewall which use NAT. I would like to
run the slave on a internal box but as the addresses are funky due to
NAT.

Cheers,
Tony

-- Kirk Strauser