dialup + virtual users

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Tue Jul 15 07:46:00 PDT 2003

Your question is very vague. The solution for am ISP with 100's of
dialin users is very different from the solution for a home server
that you want to allow some friends to dialin to share your internet
connection. Which one are you? When it comes to restricting what
functions the dialin user can use, you would use a firewall to
control that. For a newbe I would recommend the FBSD built in
IPFILTER firewall over the IPFW as it's much simpler to setup and
use. And most important the IPFILTER documentation is much better
than IPFW.