mpd - question 3: 'it still doesnt work...'

Eddy Ramos e.ramos at deepground.com
Mon Jul 14 23:52:08 PDT 2003

Does anyone know what is wrong with my mpd settings? please? it still
won't do anything...

See what happens (nothing):

# mpd
  Multi-link PPP for FreeBSD, by Archie L. Cobbs.
  Based on iij-ppp, by Toshiharu OHNO.
  mpd: pid 35718, version 3.13
  [:]

I switched on logging of all logging options, but when we try to connect
to the machine from outside the network nothing is logged, just af is we
aren't getting thru to it. I set the firewall type to OPEN (allow all
ip), so that can't be the problem. I tried to connect to it from a
Windows XP machine (via the Network Connections - New Connection Wizard
- Connect to the network at my workplace using VPN), but Windows just
states that the connection can not be established. Meanwhile, nothing is
logged by mpd. I just see [:]. I also issued some commands at the mpd
prompt. See what happens:

  [:] link
  mpd: no bundles defined
  [:] bundle
  mpd: no bundles defined
  [:]

Is that a problem?

My configuration file 'mpd.conf':

  default:
  load pptp0

  pptp0:
  new -i ng0 pptp0 pptp0
  set iface disable on-demand
  set bundle disable multilink
  set iface enable proxy-arp
  set link yes acfcomp protocomp
  set link no pap chap
  set link enable chap
  set link keep-alive 60 180
  set ipcp yes vjcomp
  set ipcp ranges 192.100.0.113/32 192.100.0.50/32
  set ipcp dns 192.100.0.113
  set ipcp nbns 192.100.0.113
  set bundle enable compression
  set ccp yes mppc
  set ccp yes mpp-e40
  set ccp yes mpp-e128
  set ccp yes mpp-stateless
  set bundle yes crypt-reqd

My links file 'mpd.links':

  pptp0:
  set link type pptp
  set pptp self 217.2.6.7
  set pptp enable incoming
  set pptp disable originate

I also used a user / password combination in the mpd.secrets file.