mod_ssl question: using my own CA?

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Mon Jul 14 06:48:05 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 08:34:04AM -0500, Peter Elsner wrote:
> I couldn't find the sign.sh script either...  I had nothing but problems
> with mod_ssl,
> then switched to Apache-SSL and all my problems went away.  I had a secure
> server running in less than 30 minutes.

If you need to set yourself up as your own CA then this little page is
a very brief listing of the openssl commands you can use to do just
that.  Note that it's in the context of generating certificates to use
with the STARTTLS functionality of sendmail(8), but the certs. are
identical to what you can load into Apache for a SSL enabled web site.

    http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/other/cagreg.html

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way