Problem setting up mysql323-server

Tom Parquette tparquet at twcny.rr.com
Sun Jul 13 14:20:02 PDT 2003

Hi.  Please CC me.  I subscribe to the digest which makes replying
harder.  TIA.

I would like to get bugzilla running on my home network for a couple of
reasons:
1) I have had a number of learnings from getting my network running that
I keep having to relearn because I forget or lose/recycle the paper my
notes are on.
2) It lets me get into a couple of areas that I have not played with
before (Apache2 setup and mysql.)
3) OK.  Maybe they are not the best reasons but they work for me.  :-)

I had messed up the installation of mysql and bugzilla to the point I
make deinstalled them and blew the /var/db/mysql directory away so I
could start over again,

Make and make install appear to have worked correctly.
When I follow the instructions to setup mysql I get the following:
Atlas# /usr/local/bin/mysqladmin -u root password 'my new password'
Atlas# /usr/local/bin/mysqladmin -u root -h Atlas password 'my new password'
/usr/local/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'Atlas' failed
error: 'Host 'Atlas.Tom.Parquette.name' is not allowed to connect to
this MySQL server'

any ideas?
Thanks...