How to mount FreeBSD from Debian or any Linux possibly

Peter Leftwich Hostmaster at Video2Video.Com
Fri Dec 19 18:16:37 PST 2003

Ruben de Groot <mail25 at bzerk.org> wrote:
>Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster at Video2Video.Com> wrote...
>> currently-running X session.  That would allow me to use KDE and
>> Konqueror to browse graphically to the directory
>> /mnt/freebsdpartition ... anyone know how?
> Not needed. try: `mount -t ufs -o ufstype=44bsd,uid=knoppix /dev/hda2 /mnt/freebsdpartition
> (that is, if your X session is running as user "knoppix".)

root at ttyp0[root]# mount -t ufs -o ufstype=44bsd,uid=knoppix /dev/hda2 /mnt/fbsd
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda2,
       or too many mounted file systems

Ruben, Your suggested command line returned an error and did not work.  Is
there a hack where I can edit the /etc/mtab or /etc/fstab files in realtime
instead?

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder, Video2Video Services