Which might be the problem ???

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Tue Dec 9 06:08:15 PST 2003

"Xpression" <admin at atenas.cult.cu> writes:

> Hi list, I've a FreeBSD-4.5 server running tacacs+, exim and
> popa3d, it's working fine, no problem, but sometimes when I
> reboot via: name_server# reboot I see this message...
>
> Waiting for ..........
> Waiting for ..........
> Waiting for ..........
> Syncing disks 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 3 4 1 1 1 1
>
> (I always see this message but when it give me error is when
> Syncing disks get too large the string)
>
> ...then saids me that message on init.
>
> /kernel Mounting root from ufs: /dev/ad0s1a
> /kernel WARNING: / was not properly dismounted
>
> Any clues ???

I'd recommend rebooting with "shutdown -r" rather than "reboot" unless
you have a good reason to do otherwise.  This shouldn't happen anyway,
but the extra shutdown steps will certainly be a bit safer.

It's likely (based on a *very* quick look at the code) that you're
hitting a bug which has been fixed since 4.5, so perhaps you should
consider an update.

--
Lowell Gilbert, embedded/networking software engineer, Boston area:
		resume/CV at http://be-well.ilk.org:8088/~lowell/resume/