Personal IP telephony software for FreeBSD and Windows?

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Sun Dec 7 11:34:00 PST 2003

Living in the UK, a happy land of timed phone calls, and with a DSL that can
certainly spare 9600bps up and down for a voice channel, I've decided it's
time to look into personal IP telephone software.

I know there's lots of it about. What I'm looking for is something that's
available for *nix and Windows. And which preferably has an open source client
on the *nix end, though that's not mandatory. Any ideas?

- d.