Where to go next

Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root at pukruppa.de> root at pukruppa.de
Sun Aug 31 02:40:55 PDT 2003

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, Cesar Diaz wrote:

> I'm a Windows system administrator trying to learn FreeBSD.  I
> have installed 5.0 on a few machine in my home lab and have the
> FreeBSD complete reference.
>
> My question is, what next?  What kind of things, applications
> etc should I do to get more familiar with the OS?  My goal is
> to use OS for system and security administration.
You could take some old machines and try to set up some small
useful things:
- a squid-proxy
- a samba/cups printer server p.ex.
People at work will see, that freebsd is useful, stable (and
cheap), and you will (have to) learn a lot.
One day you might substitute your PDC by a freebsd/samba machine.

Regards,

Uli.