Where to go next

Alex de Kruijff freebsd at akruijff.dds.nl
Sun Aug 31 09:03:12 PDT 2003

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 09:26:26AM -0700, Cesar Diaz wrote:

> I'm a Windows system administrator trying to learn FreeBSD.  I have installed 5.0 on a few machine in my home lab and have the FreeBSD complete reference.
>
> My question is, what next?  What kind of things, applications etc should I do to get more familiar with the OS?  My goal is to use OS for system and security administration.
>

> Thanks for any suggestions.

First of all: Please a new question by creating a enterly fresh mail
(i.e. not replying to another mail). This has te benefid of starting a
new tread and thus attract more ppl to you question.

There are two basic URL a newbie sould read.
- http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/
- http://www.lemis.com/questions.html/

Since you have 5.0 I suggest you first task would be upgrade your
computer to 5.1. You can read everything you need to now here:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cutting-edge.html

--
Alex

Articles based on solutions that I use: