PCMCIA woes: how to check for IRQ conflicts?

BSD baby bsdlap at hitmedia.com
Fri Apr 25 21:29:12 PDT 2003

I can't get any network PCMCIA card to respond.

I have the problem described in the FreeBSD handbook section 6.6.3.2.4.
In other words...
I see a lot of ``device timeout'' messages in the system logs, and my network card does not work.

That handbook section says it's probably an IRQ conflict.

Running Windows' device manager shows me the network card is IRQ 7.
It's not a conflict when running Windows, so could it be a conflict when running FreeBSD?

The FreeBSD 4.8 installer CD-Rom recognizes the card.
But still when I boot up, I get that "device timeout" and no response.

Any other clues how to help solve this?

Pleeeeeease?