nis losing problemen

Alex freebsd at akruijff.dds.nl
Sun Apr 20 05:57:50 PDT 2003

Hi,

I have a problem with logging in with nis user names, but only on
the nis server.  The nis clients, which don't have any server parts,
can  login.  I'm having trouble locating the problem and wounder
if anyone else have a idee. The problem proberbly exist for some
because the use of a installed ssh-key, before i found out.

I've folowed the chapter handbook about setting up nis . And
qoogled to find earlier give solutions. The search wan't succesfull.
The  rc.conf of the server hold the folowing lines:
portmap_enable="YES"
nisdomainname="nisdomain"
nis_server_enable="YES"
nis_yppasswdd_enable="YES"
nis_client_enable="YES"
nis_client_flags="-S nisdomain,intranet"

And the folowing command give the folowing out put:
# domainname
nisdomain

# ypwhich
Intranet.lan

# ping Intranet.lan
PING intranet.lan (192.168.31.1): 56 data bytes
(Which is the ip adres of the nis server)

# ypserver -d (while trying to login from the nis server)
This produce a large amound of data, which shows that the record
needed is given by the server. The frase "queue overvlow --
realeasing last slot" comes along when i thy to login. The login
says sory. /var/log/message only indicates the login failed.

--
Tanks, in advance
Alex