bind9 vs (system)bind

L. Jankok lj at 2u2.nu
Tue Apr 15 17:00:31 PDT 2003

"NO_BIND=true"

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 04:20:53PM +0200, Dick Hoogendijk wrote:
:I ran bind9.x.x on my (former) fbsd-4.7r
:
:This afternoon I went for the upgrade through source.
:I cvsupped my ports;
:I cvsupped my src-all (RELENG_4_8)
:I printed out Chapter 21 (the cutting edge) and followed it by the
:letter.
:
:I'm in love w/ this procedure. Wow. It went fast. Took me about 90
:minutes from cvsup 'till the new 4.8 system...
:
:One question remains.. After the upgrade I had a new v8.x of named and I
:already had version 9.x.x
:No big deal; change the path in /etc/defaults/rc.conf and removed the
:old binaries (again).
:
:But I guess there is an option in make.conf for this to prevent the
:building of named ??
:
:--
:dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
:++ Running FreeBSD 4.7 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)