bind9 vs (system)bind

Toomas Aas toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee
Fri Apr 11 09:54:43 PDT 2003

Hi!

> One question remains.. After the upgrade I had a new v8.x of named and I
> already had version 9.x.x
> No big deal; change the path in /etc/defaults/rc.conf and removed the
> old binaries (again).

Generally, one should never modify /etc/defaults/rc.conf. Put the necessary
changes to /etc/rc.conf instead.

> But I guess there is an option in make.conf for this to prevent the
> building of named ??

Yes, indeed. The line is NO_BIND=true, as listed in /etc/defaults/make.conf.

Again, you shouldn't modify /etc/defaults/make.conf but instead put the
changes in /etc/make.conf.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Drive A: not responding...Formatting C: instead.