sendmail woes

Brian Astill bastill at adam.com.au
Sat Apr 12 06:37:35 PDT 2003

Giorgos Keramidas wrote

>my sendmail.mc file:
>
>	define(`SMART_HOST', `mail.otenet.gr')

That line is in my freebsd.mc file, not sendmail.mc, which does not
exist on my system.  I hope this is your typo and not a peculiarity in
my system.
Uncommenting that line and inserting my mail.ISP didn't solve the
problem. unfortunately.
I have just printed out the large README file in
/usr/src/contrib/sendmail and am ploughing through the list of changes
it suggests.
I _think_ my troubles show that the purchase of "release" every so often
and ungrading from there would be wise for ignorant people like me, as
well as providing a small conribution to the cause.  I'm sure 4.8
Release CD would have done the necessary things to keep my
communications working OK.  I could then track stable to the next
release.  (Sounds good to me, anyway <g>)

--
Brian