This seems messed up [py-setuptools]

paul beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 15:16:29 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 11:42 PM, Kubilay Kocak <koobs.freebsd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please have a read of /usr/ports/UPDATING entry 20140307, with tl;dr:

>From the URL listed there:
>
> If you have any questions, or are unsure whether you can remove a
> particular entry or not, either:
> - Delete it, then reinstall devel/py-setuptoolsXY for good measure, OR
> - Check with us on the mailing list or at #freebsd-python on freenode IRC

I deleted it more than once but apparently it was the
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/distribute-0.6.35-py2.7.egg
file that was the issue. In the old days, before pkgng, there was a
way to find files that weren't registered to a port. I should perhaps
have thought to use that if it still exists.

--
Paul Beard / www.paulbeard.org/