PYDISTUTILS_AUTOPLIST, stage, man pages

Marcus von Appen mva at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 17 18:19:54 UTC 2013

On, Thu Oct 17, 2013, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> If it's not obvious from the subject, I would like to ask if it is possible to
> make PYDISTUTILS_AUTOPLIST cooperate with staging with respect to the
> manual pages.
>
> As you know, the staging code would automatically compress any uncompressed
> manual pages while their installation to the stage directory is recoded
> verbatim.  So perhaps there could be an extra step of appending ".gz"
> to manual page entries that don;t have it.

I am missing an example (port or whatever) here. distutils does not
specifiy manpages on its own, so they are most likely installed by the
data_files target.
Usually, the proper handling would need to be done there or within an
own bsd.python.mk hook (ewww).
So much for the theory. Can you please provide an example port that
currently has issues with its manpages and staging?

Cheers
Marcus