Any fixes in work for py-setuptools for python 3.3+ ?

William Grzybowski william88 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 16:33:51 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 4:26 PM, John Marino <freebsd.contact at marino.st> wrote:
> Recently, probably caused by recent changes to devel/py-setuptools,
> around 6 ports broke all in the same way.  An example is below:
>
>> =======================<phase: build-depends  >============================
>> ===>   brebis-0.8 depends on package: py33-setuptools>0 - not found
>> ===>    Verifying install for py33-setuptools>0 in /usr/ports/devel/py-setuptools
>> ===>   brebis-0.8 depends on package: /packages/All/py33-setuptools-1.1.7_1.txz - not found
>> ===>   USE_PACKAGE_DEPENDS_ONLY set - not building missing dependency from source
>> *** Error code 1
>> Stop.
>> make: stopped in /usr/ports/sysutils/brebis
>
> Is python@ aware and are these ports going to be restored?
> I can provide a list of the broken ports I've seen so far if not.

These are not port breakages.

poudriere builds only one package per port, devel/py-setuptools builds
py27-setuptools because python.27 is the default version.

sysutils/brebis for instance, can only work for python 3.3+, it
depends on setuptools but it cant build because setuptools was built
for the default version.

It was not a problem before in poudriere because setuptools was not a
build dependency.

--
William Grzybowski