python packages struggling with GCC 4.7

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Wed Dec 4 13:13:22 UTC 2013

#1, you rock.

#2, you are right.  Is it possible that math/p-numpy fails to use LDFLAGS
which would have added -Wl,rpath=/usr/local/lib/gcc47/libgcc_s.so.1 when
linking?

Or is it a question of getting the order of the dynamic library search
paths right?  Unfortunately I am far from an expert in this area (and
having two libraries with the same version, one of which is a superset,
is tricky).

(Why is this not happening when building with lang/gcc being GCC 4.6 or
lang/gcc46, though?  That puzzles me.  Also, if this were a general issue,
wouldn't all ports using Fortran be affected?)

Can you somehow fix this in/for math/p-numpy?

Gerald