site.py woes

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 20 01:09:10 PST 2007

Hye-Shik Chang píše v út 20. 11. 2007 v 11:22 +0900:
> On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 08:26:16PM +0100, Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > recently a lot of python ports developed a leftover site.py, and
> > pointyhat scripts does not like that.
> >
> > I checked into the easy_install source, and it seems it will copy
> > site.py from it's .egg subdir to PYTHON_SITELIBDIR on every install.
> >
> > Since I don't see a way to force it to delete it on deinstall, my
> > suggestion is as follows - what if we plant site.py into
> > PYTHON_SITELIBDIR in py-setuptools post-install, and delete it on it's
> > deinstall?
>
> I couldn't find a neat way to force not to install the file, either.
> The idea sounds good to me.  py-setuptools tries to touch the file
> for various purposes, it'll be quite hard to fix for every time
> new usage is found.  Thanks for the investigation.  Here's a patch.

Great; I have just tested this patch briefly, and it seems to be doing
the right thing.

I have just committed it. Thanks!

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

Knight: We shall say Ny! again to you if you do not appease us.
Arthur: All right. What do you want?
Knight: We want... a shruberry!