Expertise needed: setup.py problem.
thierry at FreeBSD.org
Sun Nov 18 06:20:09 PST 2007
I have been trying to port Miro (formerly Democracy) for some time. This
application is very interesting: e.g. it lets you watch videos from
Youtube or Dailymotion without a flash plug-in.
My port is available from
I builds and installs fine, and runs OK on some machines but fails
(Python core dumps) on some others.
I have tried to find differences between a working machine and a failing
one, without success!
However, I've noticed that build scripts are different, even if both of
them produce the same files:
- when the resulting installation is OK, the build begins with
Compiling 'playlisttab' template to /usr/ports/multimedia/miro/work/Miro-1.0/resources/../portable/compiled_templates/playlisttab.py
- when it is not, the build begins with
Compiling 'new' template to /usr/ports/multimedia/miro/work/Miro-1.0/resources/../portable/compiled_templates/new.py
but I don't understand what causes this difference!
- there is no impact from py25-setuptools;
- tried with -vv, but that did not give me any clue;
- building in a tinderbox produces a failing application, then I guess
that some dependency or some environment variable is missing;
- if you want to give it a try: it is quick to build, but requires many
dependences (add them as packages if needed).
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 187 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-python/attachments/20071118/9f80acbc/attachment.pgp
More information about the freebsd-python