Changing the console com port

John Cagle jcagle at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 22:45:04 UTC 2008

If you're using SSH to access the Virtual Serial Port of iLO, you should be
able to set the Idle Connection Timeout to "Infinite" instead of 30
minutes.  (This setting is available in the Web administration pages of iLO
itself.)  However, I don't think that VSP connections will ever time out,
but I might be wrong.

If the "Infinite" option is not available, then you should consider updating
the iLO firmware.

Also you probably should explore the other iLO settings -- perhaps there are
some other things that you want to enable/disable.

I don't know about the utility software...

John