Changing the console com port

Barry Friedman friedman at www1.emax.ca
Fri Aug 1 22:21:32 UTC 2008

You wrote:
> I'm not sure about that particular option on that particular server, but it
> probably needs to have a health driver running in order to log it to the IML
> (integrated management log) which is viewable with iLO.  If the server is
> based on iLO-2, then it should be logged to the IML without having to run a
> health driver.

The DL380G4 box only has iLO standard and I presume that there is no
health driver running.  Now that I have the virtual console working
I am faced with the problem that the iLO seems to time out the connection
after about 30 min so there is still a difficulty in logging the reboot event
which seems to be happening once every ~ 1-5 days.

Is there any chance that we'll be seeing the utility software (hpasmd,
hpacucli, hpadu) compiled for freebsd 7 any time soon?

> There is a different thermal shutdown feature of all ProLiants -- when the
> server/cpu reaches a "temp deadly" setting, the box will immediately shut
> down.  This feature has saved many ProLiant servers during computer room
> cooling failures over weekends when no one was around...   Other servers
> burned up during those events...

Thanks again,
--
Barry Friedman
Emax Computer Systems Inc., 480 Tweedsmuir Ave., Ottawa, Ont. Canada K1Z 5N9